Renewable Energy Source Inter-Connected with Grid System using Frequency Synchronization
|International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|© 2016 by SSRG - IJEEE Journal|
|Volume 3 Issue 12|
|Year of Publication : 2016|
|Authors : G.Gokul, R.Praveen kumr, M.Vetrivel|
G.Gokul, R.Praveen kumr, M.Vetrivel, "Renewable Energy Source Inter-Connected with Grid System using Frequency Synchronization" SSRG International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering 3.12 (2016): 7-11.
G.Gokul, R.Praveen kumr, M.Vetrivel,(2016). Renewable Energy Source Inter-Connected with Grid System using Frequency Synchronization. SSRG International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering 3(12), 7-11.
Renewable energy resources are now commonly used in distribution systems with the help of power electronic inverters. This paper presents a control strategy that improves power quality by grid interfaced inverter. Grid connected Current source inverter is capable of providing leading reactive current for static grid. Shunt active power filters compensate current unbalance and load current harmonics and also load reactive power demand. The current source inverter with shunt active power filter provides optimal energy conversion with high efficiency by controlling the reactive power and harmonics. Simulation of the proposed system is verified using MATLAB/Simulink software.
1. Benjamin Sahan and Samuel V. Araujo (2011), ‘Comparative Evaluation of Three Phase Current Source Inverters for Grid Interfacing of Distributed and Renewable Energy Systems’ IEEE transactions on power electronics, vol. 26, no. 8.
2. Carrasco and L. G. Franquelo (2006),‘Power electronic systems for the grid integration of renewable energy sources survey’ IEEE Trans. Ind. Electron., vol. 53, no. 4, pp. 1002– 1016.
3. Gerardo Escobar and Andres A. Valdez (2007), ‘A Model- Based Controller for A Three-Phase Four-Wire Shunt Active Filter With Compensation of the Neutral Line Current’ IEEE transactions on power electronics vol.22,no.6.
4. Y Hurng-Liahng Jou and Wen-Jung Chiang (2008), ‘A Simplified Control Method for the Grid-Connected Inverter with the Function of Islanding Detection’ IEEE transactions on power electronics, vol. 23, no. 6.
5. Jost Allmeling (2004), ‘A Control Structure for Fast Harmonics Compensation in Active Filters’ IEEE transactions on power electronics, vol. 19, no. 2.
6. Juan Manuel Carrasco and Leopoldo Garcia Franquelo (2006), ‘Power-Electronic Systems for the Grid Integration of Renewable Energy Sources’ IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics, Vol. 53, No. 4
7. Pichai Jintakosonwit and Hideaki Fujita (2003), ‘Implementation and Performance of Cooperative Control of Shunt Active Filters for Harmonic Damping Throughout a Power Distribution System’IEEE Transactions On Industry Applications, vol.39, no.2.
8. Pinto and R. Pregitzer (2007), ‘3-phase 4-wire shunt active power filter with renewable energy interface’ presented at the Conf. IEEE Renewable Energy & Power Quality.
9. Prajna Paramita Dash and Mehrdad Kazerani (2011), ‘Dynamic Modeling and Performance Analysis of a Grid- Connected Current-Source Inverter-Based Photovoltaic System’ IEEE transactions on sustainable vol.2, no.4.
10. Shigenori Inoue and Toshihisa Shimizu (2007),“‘Control Methods and Compensation Characteristics of a Series Filter for a Neutral Conductor’ IEEE transactions on industrial electronics vol.54, no.1.
11. Souvik Dasgupta and Shankar Narayan Mohan (2013), ‘Application of Four-Switch-Based Three-Phase Grid- Connected Inverter to Connect Renewable Energy Source to a Generalized Unbalanced Micro grid System’ IEEE transactions on industrial electronics, vol. 60, no.3.
12. Yang Chen and Keyue Smedley (2008), ‘Three-Phase Boost- Type Grid Connected Inverter’ IEEE transactions on power electronics, vol.23, no5.
Renewable energy, Current Source Inverter, Shunt Active Power Filter, Simulation.