Review on- Study of characteristics of low cost activated carbon
|International Journal of Chemical Engineering Research|
|© 2017 by SSRG - IJCER Journal|
|Volume 4 Issue 2|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Pratibha R. Gawande, Dr. Jayant P. Kaware|
How to Cite?
Pratibha R. Gawande, Dr. Jayant P. Kaware, "Review on- Study of characteristics of low cost activated carbon," SSRG International Journal of Chemical Engineering Research, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 6-9, 2017. Crossref, https://doi.org/10.14445/23945370/IJCER-V4I2P102
This paper reviews on study of characteristics of low cost activated carbon. Different researchers focus on physico-chemical characterization of activated from prepared from waste and low cost materials using XRD, SEM, FT-IR and TGA.techniques. physical properties such as bulk density, moisture content, volatile matter content, ash content, and surface area ,porosity apparent density acid soluble matter, fixed carbon, pH, iodine number and porosity were studied and analysed in detail by different authors.
Activated carbon, Activation methods, Bulk density, Surface area.
1. B. Sivakumar, C.Kannan, S. Karthikeyan,”Preparation and characterization of activated carbon prepared from balsamodendron caudatum wood waste through various activation processes”, Rasayan journal of chemical engineering , Vol. 5, No.3 ,pp.321-327, 2012.
2. Sahira Joshi, Bhadra Prasad Pokharel,” Preparation and Characterization of Activated Carbon from Lapsi Seed Stone by Chemical Activation with Potassium Hydroxide”, Journal of the Institute of Engineering, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp. 79–88.
3. A. Mohammad-Khah and R. Ansari,”Activated Charcoal: Preparation, characterization and Applications ’’, International Journal of ChemTech Research, Vol.1, No.4, pp 859-864, 2009.
4. Hassan M. Al-Swaidan and Ashfaq Ahmad, “Synthesis and Characterization of Activated Carbon from Saudi Arabian Dates Tree’s Fronds Wastes”, 3rd International Conference on Chemical, Biological and Environmental Engineering, vol.20,2011
5. Rhoda Habor Gumus, Ideyonbe Okpeku, “Production of Activated Carbon and Characterization from Snail” Advances in Chemical Engineering and Science, 5, pp.51-61, 2015.
6. Dipa Da, Debi Prasad Samal1, Meikap,“Preparation of Activated Carbon from Green Coconut Shell and its Characterization”, J Chem Eng Process Technol, 2015.
7. Hariprasad.p, Rajeshwari sivaraj, Anizcu“Preparation and characterization of activated carbon from rice husk”, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume: 03 Issue: 04, Apr-2016.
8. M. Sivachidambarama, J. Judith Vijayaa, L. John Kennedyb, R. Jothira malingam Hamad Al-Lohedanc, Murugan A. Munusamyd, E. Elanthamilane, J. Princy Merline, “Preparation and characterization of activated carbon derived from Borassus flabellifer flower as electrode material for super capacitor application”, New Journal of Chemistry,pp 1-28,2017.
9. S. Manocha, Guddu R Prasad, Parth. Joshi, Ranjitsingh S. Zala, Siddharth S.Gokhale and L. M. Manocha,“Preparation and Characterization of Activated Carbon from Demineralized Tyre Char ”,pp. 109-112, 2013.
10. Yasemen Kutmen Kalpakli, Ikbal Koyuncu,“Characterization of activated carbon and application of copper removal from drinking water”, Annali di Chimica, pp.1291-1302, 2007.
11. A. Agalya, P. N. Palanisamy, and P. Sivakumar, “Preparation and characterization of activated cabon from euphorbia tirucallil wood for the removal of textile dyes from waste water ”, Int. J. Chem. Science, 11(2), pp.957-967, 2013,
12. Jalel Ben Nasr , Noureddine Hamdi, Foued Elhalouani“Characterization of activated carbon Prepared from sludge paper for methylene blue adsorption”, Journal of Materials and Environmental Sciences 8 (6), pp. 1960-1967,2017.
13. M. S. Islam, M. A. Rouf, S. Fujimoto and T. Minowab, “Preparation and characterization of activated carbon from bio-diesel by-products by steam activation”, Bangladesh J. Sci. Ind. Res. 47(3), pp.257-264, 2012.
14. Riry Wirasnita,Tony Hadibarata, Abdull Rahim,Mohd Yusoff,Zainab ,Mat Lazim “Preparation and characterization of activated carbon from oil palm empty fruit bunch wastes using zinc chloride”,Journal Sciences & Engineering, pp.77–81, 2015.
15. Amjad H. El-Sheikh, Alan P. Newmana,,Hafid K. Al Daffaee , SukiPhull ,Neil Cresswell, “ Characterization of activated carbon prepared from a single cultivar of Jordanian Olive stones by chemical and physicochemical techniques”, J. Anal. Appl. Pyrolysis, pp.151–164, 2004.
16. Chubaakum Pongener, Daniel Kibami, Kaza S.Rao Rajib L.Goswamee, Dipak sinha, “Synthesis and Characterization of Activated Carbon from the Biowaste of the Plant Manihot Esculenta”, Chem Sci Trans., 4(1), pp.59-68, 2015.
17. Yusufu M. Ariahu C.and Igbabul B, “Production and characterization of activated carbon from selected local raw materials”, African Journal of Pure and Applied Chemistry Vol. 6(9), pp. 123-131, 2012.
18. Azry Borhan and Ahmad Fikree Kamil, “Preparation and characterization of activated carbon from rubber based shell by chemical activation”, Journal of Applied Sciences, pp.1124-1129, 2012.
19. Xu Jianzhong, Chen Lingzhi,Feng Xiaojie , “Preparation and Characterization of Activated Carbon from Reedy Grass Leaves in a Two- Step Activation”, International Conference on Material and Environmental Engineering,pp99-102,2014.
20. Verla,M. Horsfall, E.N Verla, A.I. Spiff, O.A. Ekpete, “ Preparation and characterization of activated carbon from pumkin seed shell”, Asian Journal of Natural and Applied Sciences, vol1.no3 ,pp 39-50,2012.
21. Olalekan S. Fatoki, Olushola S. Ayanda, Folahan A. Adekola, Bhekumusa J. Ximba, Beatrice O. Opeolu, “Preparation and Characterization of Activated Carbon – nFe3O4, Activated Carbon – nSiO2 and Activated Carbon – nZnO Hybrid Materials”, pp 178-191.
22. A. Jafar Ahamed and K.R.Ahamad“Preparation and Characterization of Activated Carbon from the Prosopis juliflora Plant”, Asian Journal of Chemistry, Vol. 20, No. 3, pp.1702-1706, 2008.
23. J. Raffiea Baseri1, P. N. Palanisamy and P. Sivakumar,” Preparation and characterization of activated carbon from Thevetia peruviana for the removal of dyes from textile waste water”, Advances in Applied Science Research, pp.377-383, 2012.
24. R.Malik, D.S.Ramteke and S.R.Wate,“Physicochemical and surface characterization of adsorbent from groundnut shell by Zncl2 activation and its ability to adsorb colour”, Indian journal of chemical technology,vol.13,pp.319-328,2006.
25. Virote Boonamnuayvitaya, Chaiyan Chaiya, Wiwut Tanthapanichakoon, “The preparation and characterization of activated carbon from coffee residue”, Journal of chemical engineering of Japan, vol 37.no12, pp.1504-1512, 2004.
26. A.Rahman,Asadullah,M.Haque,A. Motin ,B.Sultan,K.Azad, “ Preparation and characterization of activated charcoal as an adsorbent ”,Journal of surface science technol,vol 22,pp. 133-140,2006.
27. P. Sugumaran, V. Priya Susan, P. Ravichandran and S. Seshadri, “Production and Characterization of Activated Carbon from Banana Empty Fruit Bunch and Delonix regia Fruit Pod ”, Journal of Sustainable Energy & Environment,pp 125-132, 2012.
28. Allwar, Ahmad Bin Md Noor and Mohd Asri Bin Mohd Nawi,“Textural Characteristics of Activated Carbons Prepared from Oil Palm Shells Activated with ZnCl2 and Pyrolysis Under Nitrogen and Carbon Dioxide”, Journal of Physical Science, Vol. 19(2), pp.93–104, 2008.
29. Junichi Miyamoto, Hirofumi Kanoh, Katsumi KanekoPrepr,"Pore structures and adsorption chatacteristics of activated carbon fibres having both micro and mesopores”, Am. Chem. Soc., Div. Fuel Chem,pp.1-3,2005.
30. Madu P. C. and Lajide L,“Physicochemical characteristics of activated charcoal derived from melon seed husk”,Journal of Chemical and Pharmaceutical Research, pp. 94-98,2013.
31. Y.J. Tham, Puziah Abdullatif, A.M.Abdullah and Y.H.Taufiq, “Physical Characteristics of Activated Carbon Derived from Durian Shell”, Asian Journal of Chemistry Vol. 22, No. 1 pp.772-780, 2010.