Automated Toll Collection System using NFC
|International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering|
|© 2017 by SSRG - IJCSE Journal|
|Volume 4 Issue 3|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Mr.K.Senthil Kumar, Raunak Choudhury, Saketh Basavaraju|
Mr.K.Senthil Kumar, Raunak Choudhury, Saketh Basavaraju, "Automated Toll Collection System using NFC" SSRG International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering. 4.3 (2017): 10-13.
Mr.K.Senthil Kumar, Raunak Choudhury, Saketh Basavaraju,(2017). Automated Toll Collection System using NFC. SSRG International Journal of Computer Science and Engineering 4(3), 10-13.
Automatic Toll Collection System(ATCS) is an essential part of improved and upgraded form transportation systems, which represents the innovative technologies, used in our day-to-day life. In this paper, we aim at suggesting an open and secure eticketing system, which acts as an alternative to the conventional paper,based ticketing. Our solution is based on NFC, which will facilitate its interoperability with value-added services and from the third party services as well. NFC smartphones or tags used in this system is a new impeccable approach. The proposed system will use NFC enabled mobile phones either in card emulation or peer-to-peer mode for exchanging data and for validating tickets for instance. We also propose a solution for both NFC enabled and nonenabled mobile phones. This paper provides an overview about the major problems, discusses advantages and disadvantages of the new approach, and finally concluding with implementation of this idea
1. Murphy T J, “Road user charging using satellite positioning technology,” 12th IEE InternationalConference on Road Transport Information and Control(RTIC 2004),London, UK, 2004,pp,222-225.
2. Saijie Lu, Tiejun He, Zhaohui Gao; “Design of electronic toll collection system based on global positioning system technique “,IESCS International Colloquium of Computing,Communicatin,Control and Management ,2009
3. T. Grechenig, M. Bernahrt, R. Breiteneder, and K. Kappel, Softwaretechnik - Mit Fallbeispielen aus realen Entwicklungsprojekten. Munchen, ¨ Deutschland: Pearson Education Deutschland, 2009.
4. A. Juntunen, S. Luukkainen, and V. K. Tuunainen, “Deploying NFC Technology for MobileTicketing Services - Identification of Critical Business Model Issues,” in Proc. of the 9nd International Conference on Mobile Business (ICMB’10), Athens, Greece, Jun. 2010, pp. 82–90
5. K. Finkenzeller, RFID Handbook: Fundamentals and Applications in Contactless Smart Cards, Radio Frequency Identification and Near-Field Communication, 3rd ed. Chichester, UK: John Wiley & Sons, 2010
6. Adnan I. Elberjaoui Yakzan,Atif Ali Khan, Dr. Maaruf Ali; “Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Based Toll Collection System”; 3rd International Conference on Computational Intelligence, Communication Systems and Networks(2011)
7. “Handy-icket,” OBB, retrieved on Oct. 20th, 2011. Available: ¨ http://www.oebb.at/en/Tickets/Handy- Ticket/index.jsp
8. Rainer Widmann, Stefan Gr¨unberger, Burkhard Stadlmann, Josef Langer,” System Integration of NFC Ticketing into an Existing Public Transport Infrastructure(2012), 4th International workshop on NFC.
9. Surendra S.Dalu, ”AETC: AN AUTOMATED ELECTRONIC TOLL COLLECTION USING ZIGBEE” International Journal of Information Technology and Knowledge Management January- June 2012,pp. 147-149
10. C. Saminger, S. Grunberger, J. Langer; “ An NFC Ticketing System with a new approach of an Inverse Reader Mode “(2013)
Automatic toll Collection; NFC; RFID; Ardruino