Flexural Behavior of Polyvinyl Alcohol Fiber Reinforced Concrete
|International Journal of Civil Engineering|
|© 2017 by SSRG - IJCE Journal|
|Volume 4 Issue 6|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Dr.M.Devi, Mr.L.Kannan, Mr.M.Ganeshkumar, Mr.T.S.Venkatachalam|
How to Cite?
Dr.M.Devi, Mr.L.Kannan, Mr.M.Ganeshkumar, Mr.T.S.Venkatachalam, "Flexural Behavior of Polyvinyl Alcohol Fiber Reinforced Concrete," SSRG International Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 27-30, 2017. Crossref, https://doi.org/10.14445/23488352/IJCE-V4I6P104
The usefulness of fiber reinforced concrete (FRC) in various civil engineering applications is indisputable. Fiber reinforced concrete has so far been successfully used in slabs on grade, shotcrete, architectural panels, precast products, offshore structures, structures in seismic regions, thin and thick repairs, crash barriers, footings, hydraulic structures and many other applications. This report presents a brief state-of-the-art report on flexural behavior of polyvinyl alcohol fiber reinforced concrete. Civil infrastructure around the world the problem is at the apparent lack of tensile strength in our concrete. This paper present data to support the argument that polyvinyl alcohol fiber reinforced concrete is an ideal material for achieving these goals. The research also discusses poly vinyl alcohol fiber reinforced concrete materials properties and mix design. The PVA fiber will be added to the conventional concrete 0%, 0.1%, 0.2%, 0.3% and 0.4% by its cement weight. The optimum level of PVA fiber was determined as 0.3 based on the compressive strength, split tensile strength and modulus of rupture. The beam was casted with size of 125X150X1800mm with 0.3% of PVA Fiber. Then the flexural behavior was studied and compared with conventional concrete.
Polyvinyl alcohol fiber, Flexural Behavior.
1. SagarGadhiya, T N Patel and Dinesh Shah, Bendable Concrete : A Review, International Journal of Structural and Civil Engineering Research,Vol. 4, No.1, February 2015.
2. M.M.Kamal, M.A.Safan, Z.A.Etman and R.A.Salama, Behaviour and strength of beams cast with ultra high strength concrete containing different types of fibers, HBRC Journal, 2014.
3. SagarGadhiya, Prof.T.N.Patel and Dr.Dinesh Shah, Parametric Study on Flexural Strength of ECC, International Journal for Scientific Research and Development, Vol. 3, No.4, 2015.
4. A.Sofi, B.R.Phanikumar, An experimental investigation on flexural behavior of fiber reinforced pond ash modified concrete, Ain Shams Engineering Journal.
5. Dhillon, Ramandeep, Sharma, Shruti and Kaur, Gurbir, Effect of Steel and Polypropylene Fibers on Strength Characteristics of Fly ash Concrete, International Journal of Research in Advent Techbology,Vol.2, No.3, March 2014.
6. Khadake S.N, Konapure C.G, An Experimental Study of Steel Fiber Reinforced Concrete with Fly ash for M35 Grade, International Journal of Engineering Research and Application, Vol.3, Issue1, 2013.
7. Amar R Dongapure, Brijbhushan S, D K Kulkarni, A Study on Strength Properties of Hybrid Fiber Reinforced Concrete, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology, Vol. 2, Issue 6, 2015.