Effect of Waste Glass Powder in Concrete by Partial Replacement of Cement
|International Journal of Civil Engineering|
|© 2017 by SSRG - IJCE Journal|
|Volume 4 Issue 12|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Vipan Kumar, Dr. Hemant Sood|
How to Cite?
Vipan Kumar, Dr. Hemant Sood, "Effect of Waste Glass Powder in Concrete by Partial Replacement of Cement," SSRG International Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 4, no. 12, pp. 13-22, 2017. Crossref, https://doi.org/10.14445/23488352/IJCE-V4I12P103
Tons of waste glass is being produced annually all over the world and this waste is disposed as landfills but as a matter of fact the waste of glass doesn’t decompose in the environment. That has created a threat to the environment. So the dissertation work was carried to study the effect of waste glass powder in various concrete grades by partial replacement of cement. Use of milled waste glass in concrete as partial replacement of cement could be an important step toward development of eco-friendly and techno-economical systems. In this study OPC was replaced partially with waste glass powder at 5%, 10%, 15% and 20% by weight of the cement in three different grades of concrete M20, M25 and M30 and tested for Flexural Strength and Split Tensile Strength at 7th and 28th days and the results were compared with those of conventional concrete.The results show improvement in the Flexural strength and Split Tensile Strength.
Concrete, waste glass powder, Flexural strength, Split Tensile Strength.
(1) Zdenek P. Bazant, “Fracture mechanics of ASR in concretes with waste glass particles of different sizes”226 / journal of engineering mechanics / March 2000.
(2) AhmadShayan “Value-added Utilization of Waste Glass in Concrete” IABSE Symposium Melbourne 2002.
(3) Ahmad Shayan , Aimin Xu “Performance of glass powder as a pozzolanic material in concrete: A field trial on concrete slabs” ELSEVIER Cement and Concrete Research 36 (2006) 457–468 8 December 2005.
(4) Nathan Schwarz, Hieu Cam, Narayanan Neithalath “Influence of a fine glass powder on the durability characteristics of concrete and its comparison to fly ash” ELSEVIER Cement & Concrete Composites 30 (2008) 486–496 6 February 2008.
(5) Zainab Z. Ismail , Enas A. AL-Hashmi “Recycling of waste glass as a partial replacement for fine aggregate in concrete” ELSEVIERDepartment of Environmental Engineering, College of Engineering, University of Baghdad, Iraq. (2009).
(6) Ana Mafalda Matos , Joana Sousa-Coutinho “ Durability of mortar using waste glass powder as cement replacement” ELSEVIER Construction and Building Materials 36 (2012) 205–215 25 April 2012.
(7) S.M. Chikhalikar and S.N. Tande “An Experimental Investigation on Characteristic Properties of Fibre Reinforced Concrete Containing Waste Glass Powder as Pozzolana” 37th Conference on Our World in Concrete & Structures 29-31 August 2012, Singapore.
(8) S.P. Gautam, Vikas Srivastava and V.C. Agarwal “Use of glass wastes as fine aggregate in Concrete” ISSN: 2278-5213Journal of Academia and Industrial Research(J. Acad. Indus. Res.)Vol. 1(6) November 2012.
(9) Mrs. Bhandari, Mr. Dhale , Mr. Ghutke, Mrs. Pathan V.G. “Influence of Fine Glass Aggregate On Cement Mortar” International Journal Of Engineering And Computer Science ISSN: 2319-7242 Volume 3 Issue 1, January 2014.
(10) Priscilla M, Asst Prof. Pushparaj A Naik “ Strength and Durability Study on Recycled Aggregate Concrete Using Glass Powder”International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) – Volume 11 Number 5 - May 2014.
(11) Shilpa Raju, Dr. P. R. Kumar “Effect of Using Glass Powder in Concrete” International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Volume 3, Special Issue 5, July 2014.
(12) Veena V. Bhat 1, N. Bhavanishankar Rao,“ Influence of Glass Powder on the Properties Of Concrete” International Journal of Engineering Trends and Technology (IJETT) – Volume 16 Number 5 – Oct 2014.
(13) Shruthi., Chandrakala , G Narayana “Partial replacement of cement in concrete using waste glass powder and M-sand as fine aggregate” International Journal of Research in Engineering and Technology -7308 August-2015.
(14) M. Adaway& Y. Wang: “Recycled glass as a partial replacement for fine aggregate in structural concrete – Effects on compressive strength” Special Issue: Electronic Journal of Structural Engineering 14 (1) 2015.
(15) R. Abdulwahab,S.O. Ajamu “Effects Of Broken Glass As A Partial Replacement Of Granite In The Production Of Concrete” ResearchJournal of Civil Engineering Vol. 1 No. 2 November 2015.
(16) Ismail Ansari, Sheetal Sahare , “utilization of glass powder as a partial replacement of cement and its effect on concrete strength ” Vishwakarma Institute of Information Technology, Pune, Maharashtra, India,IRF international conference, 13th December 2015, Pune, India.