Unicode as the Basis of Transcription of Indic Scripts
|International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|© 2015 by SSRG - IJEEE Journal|
|Volume 2 Issue 8|
|Year of Publication : 2015|
|Authors : Sheena Agarwal, Rhythm Agarwal|
How to Cite?
Sheena Agarwal, Rhythm Agarwal, "Unicode as the Basis of Transcription of Indic Scripts," SSRG International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, vol. 2, no. 8, pp. 1-3, 2015. Crossref, https://doi.org/10.14445/23488379/IJEEE-V2I8P103
The research work done deals with transliteration of Roman characters into various Indian languages. This involved a thorough study of Unicode, a standard that has been implemented all over the world for transliteration of 129 different scripts. This universal standard has without doubt made communication easier and hence, enhanced the exchange of information. The paper briefly explores topics like phonetic transcription and Unicode consortium and proposes means to implement the two to achieve transcription of a few Indic scripts. The main objective of the paper is to provide ample of opportunity to the regional ancient languages of India, to develop a perfect synchronism with the modern information technology.
Unicode Standard, Phonetics, Transcription,Devanagari.
1. Marcus Otlowski, Pronunciation:What are the expectations?,The Internet TESL Journal,Vol.IV,No.1.
2. Notice of Retraction A kind of Chinese language Phonetic input output system code,Lu Qiao;Wan Pu;Zhang Li;Zhu Daoyong,IEEE, Vol.9,Pages 508- 511,2010.
3. Audio Visual based pronunciation dictionary for Indian languages. Palanisamy,K,Technology for Education(T4E),pages 82-84,2010.
4. Hamad , M.Hussain , ArabicText-to-Speech Synthesizer,IEEE Student conference on Research and Development,pages409-414(2011).
5. “Issues in Corpus creation and Distribution:The Evolution of Linguistic Data Consortium”,Cristopher Cieri,Mark Liberman,University of Pennsylvania and Linguistic Data consortium Philadelphia,Pennsylvania,USA.
6. Ramani.G,Menakambal.S,“Advanced RISC machine based Data Acquisition Development and Control”,SSRG-IJEEE,,vol. 1,issue 8,2014.
7. Ruhlen Marritt,A Guide to World’s Languages,Vol.1, Page 463,1991.