Speed Control of PMBLDC Motor with the Help of PI Controller
|International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering|
|© 2015 by SSRG - IJEEE Journal|
|Volume 2 Issue 10|
|Year of Publication : 2015|
|Authors : Shivani Mishra, S.S.Thakur, S.P.Phulambrikar|
How to Cite?
Shivani Mishra, S.S.Thakur, S.P.Phulambrikar, "Speed Control of PMBLDC Motor with the Help of PI Controller," SSRG International Journal of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, vol. 2, no. 10, pp. 1-7 , 2015. Crossref, https://doi.org/10.14445/23488379/IJEEE-V2I10P101
This paper presents model, scheme and performance assessment of speed control of PMBLDC motor with the help of PI controller. The PI controller is used to control the position of a Permanent Magnet Brushless Dc motor by changing the current flow to control the average voltage and thereby the average current. The speed is regulated by PI controller. Simulink is utilized, with MATLAB (2013a) to get a reliable and flexible simulation. In order to highlight the effectiveness of the speed control method used, the studies are conducted at two different load torques and the corresponding speed regulation is recorded using MATLAB/Simulink. The method proposed suppresses torque oscillations. This drive has high accuracy, high efficiency, silent operation, compact form, reliability, low maintenance, robust operation from near zero to high speed. Most useful applications in of CNC machine.
Hall position sensors, permanent magnet brushless DC motor, decoder, closed loop speed control, PI controller.
1. T.J.Sokira and W.Jaffe,: Brushless DC motors: Electronic Commutation and Control, Tab Books, USA, 1989
2. Tay Siang Hui, K.P. Basu and V.Subbiah Permanent Magnet Brushless Motor Control Techniques, National Power and Energy Conference (PECon) 2003 Proceedings, Bangi, Malysia
3. P.Thirusakthimurugan, P.Dananjayan, ’A New Control Scheme for The Speed Control of PMBLDC Motor Drive’ 1-4244-0342-1/06/$20.00 ©2006 IEEE
4. R.Krishnan, “Electric Motor Drives Modeling,Analysis,and Control, Prentice-Hall Internationa Inc., New Jersey, 2001.
5. “New Approach to Rotor Position Detection and Precision Speed Control of the BLDC Motor” Yong-Ho Yoon Tae- Won Lee Sang-Hun Park Byoung-Kuk Lee Chung- 1-4244-0136-4/06/$20.00 '2006 IEEE
6. Ling KV, WU Bingfang HE Minghua and Zhang Yu, “ A Model predictive controller for multirate cascade system”, Proc.of the American Control Conference, ACC 2004,USA, pp.1575-1579.2004
7. Yingfa Wang, Changliang Xia, Zhiqiang Li, Peng Song,” Sensorless Control for BLDC motor using support vector machine based on PSO”, 2009 IEEE
8. Mehdi Nasri, Hossein Nezamabadi- Pour,Malihemaghfoori, “A PSO-Based optimization of PID controller for a Linear BLDC Motor” Proc. Of World academy of Science Engg & Tech,Vol.20,April 2007.
9. Zhiqiang Li & Changliangxia, “ Speed Control of BLDC based on CMAC & PID controller” Proc. Of 6th World congress on Intelligent Control & Automation. China ,June 21-23,2006.
10. Salih Baris Ozturk, Hamid A.Toliyat, “Sensorless Direst Torque and Indirect Flux Control of Brushless DC Motor with Non-Sinusoidal back- emf”,978-1-4244-1766-7/08 ©2008 IEEE
11. G Madhusudhanrao, B.V.Sanker Ram, B Sampath Kumar, K.Vijay, "Speed Control of BLDC Motor using DSP" International Journal of Engineering Science and Technology Vol.2(3,) 2010.
12. Salih Baris Ozturk, William C.Alexander,Hamid A.Toliyat,”Direct Torque Control of four-switch brushless DC motor with non-sinusoidal back emf,'' IEEE transaction on power electronics Vol 25, No-2 Feb 2010
13. J.Shao,D.Nalon and T.Hopkins,” Novel Direct back emf detection for sensorless. BLDC motor drives, " Applied Power Electronics Conference ( APEC 2002) ©2009 IEEE.
14. Kuang-Yao Cheng ,” Novel Architecture of a mixed-mode sensorless control IC for BLDC motors with wde speed ranges, 97814222812-0/09 ©2009 IEEE
15. M.S.Srinivas, K.R.Rajagopal,” Fuzzy Logic based gain schedued PI speed controller for PMBLDC motor, " 978142444859-3/09 2009.
16. Ting-Yu-Chang, Ching-Tsai-Pan,Emily Fang,” A novel high performance variable speed PMBDC motor drive system, "978142444813-5/10 ©2010 IEEE.
17. Shinn-Ming Sue, Kun-Lin Wu,” A voltage controlled brushless Dc motor over extended speed range, " 97814441709- 3/08 ©2008 IEEE.