Seismic Analysis of G+12 Multistory Building Varying Zone and Soil Type
|International Journal of Civil Engineering|
|© 2017 by SSRG - IJCE Journal|
|Volume 4 Issue 6|
|Year of Publication : 2017|
|Authors : Ankit Purohit, Lovish Pamecha|
How to Cite?
Ankit Purohit, Lovish Pamecha, "Seismic Analysis of G+12 Multistory Building Varying Zone and Soil Type," SSRG International Journal of Civil Engineering, vol. 4, no. 6, pp. 79-85, 2017. Crossref, https://doi.org/10.14445/23488352/IJCE-V4I6P113
The building are high rise structures domestically used for residential purpose, this research work is concerned with the analysis for building structure for the purpose of safety. The building is subjected to different seismic zones and variation in soil type. The present paper considered four cases. (Soft soil with zone V, Medium soil with zone V, soft soil with zone II and medium soil with zone II). Analysis were performed to analyze and observe the behavior, performance and response of G+12 story building. Parameters selected and tested are deflection, stresses, bending moment and shear force. Results were traced in tabular format for all parameters value and observed against selected zone like V or II with varying soil type. Conclusion were made to describe the behavior and comparison of result values to set the standard thinking and policy for design engineers and researchers. It is also concluded that the software can be used frequently with positive faith to model, analyze and design buildings which reduces design cost and increases reliability of design with time saving.
High rise building design, seismic load, deflection, stresses, bending moment, shear force, Staad Pro.
1. Wensheng LU and Xilin LU, Seismic Model Test and Analysis of Multi-Tower High-Rise Buildings, 12WCEE, 2000
2. Mr. PathanIrfan Khan and Dr. Mrs. N.R.Dhamge, Review Paper on Seismic Analysis of Multistoried RCC Building Due to Mass Irregularity, June 2016 IJSDR Volume 1, Issue 6, ISSN: 2455- 2631, 428-431
3. MohdAtif, et. al., Comparative Study on Seismic Analysis of Multistorey Building Stiffened With Bracing and Shear Wall, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume: 02 Issue: 05, Aug-2015, ISSN: 2395-0072
4. Ranu R. Akulwar, Seismic Analysis of Structures under Different Soil Conditions, Int. Journal of Engineering Research and Applications, Vol. 5, Issue 1, ( Part -6) January 2015, pp.64-69, ISSN : 2248-9622
5. N. Janardhana Reddy, et. al., Seismic Analysis of Multi-Storied Building with Shear Walls Using ETABS-2013, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), 6.14 | Impact Factor (2014),
6. P.P.Tapkire and Saeed J.Birajdar, Comparative Study of High Rise Building using INDIAN Standards and EURO Standards under Seismic Forces, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), (2013): 6.14
7. Mahesh Suresh Kumawat and L G Kalurkar, Analysis and Design of Multistory Building Using Composite Structure, Int. J. Struct. & Civil Engg. Res. 2014, ISSN 2319 – 6009
8. Ramesh Konakalla, Effect of Vertical Irregularity in Multi- Storied Buildings Under Dynamic Loads Using Linear Static Analysis, IJEAR Vol. 4, Issue Spl-2, Jan - June 2014, PP 29- 34,ISSN: 2348-0033.
9. Devesh P. Soni, Qualitative Review Of Seismic Response Of Vertically Irregular Building Frames, ISET Journal of Earthquake Technology, Technical Note, Vol. 43, No. 4, December 2006, pp. 121-132,
10. HimanshuBansaL, Seismic Analysis and Design of Vertically Irregular RC Building Frames, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Volume 3 Issue 8, August 2014, 207-215,
11. Shaikh Abdul Aijaj Abdul Rahman, Seismic Response of Vertically Irregular RC Frame with Stiffness Irregularity at Fourth Floor, International Journal of Emerging Technology and Advanced Engineering, Volume 3, Issue 8, August 2013, PP 377-385, ISSN 2250-2459
12. Hema Mukundan1, S.Manivel, Effect of Vertical Stiffness Irregularity on Multi-Storey Shear Wall-framed Structures using Response Spectrum Analysis, International Journal of Innovative Research in Science, Engineering and Technology, Vol. 4, Issue 3, March 2015
13. Sagar, B.Patil Prof. GururajB.Katti, Study of Behavior of Plan & Vertical Irregularity by Seismic Analysis, International Journal for Scientific Research & Development| Vol. 3, Issue 04, 2015,
14. Harshitha. R, A.Soundarya, KrishnareddygariPrathima,, Y.Guruprasad, Seismic Analysis Of Symmetric RC Frame Using Response Spectrum Method And Time History Method, International Journal Of Scientific Research And Education, Volume 2, Issue 3, Pages 483-499, 2014,
15. A S Patil and P D Kumbhar, Time History Analysis Of Multistoried Rcc Buildings For Different Seismic Intensities, Int. J. Struct. & Civil Engg. Res., Vol. 2, No. 3, August 2013
16. Arvindreddy, R.J.Fernandes, Seismic analysis of RC regular and irregular frame structures, International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET), Volume: 02 Issue: 05, Aug-2015.
17. Himanshu Bansal1, Gagandeep, Seismic Analysis and Design of Vertically Irregular RC Building Frames, International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR), Volume 3 Issue 8, August 2014.
18. Ramesh Konakalla Ramesh DuttChilakapati, DrHarinadhaBabuRaparla, Response Study Of Multi-Storied Buildings With Plan Irregularity Subjected To Earthquake And Wind Loads Using Linear Static Analysis IOSR Journal of Mechanical and Civil Engineering (IOSR-JMCE) e-ISSN: 2278-1684, p-ISSN: 2320-334X PP 12-19
19. Poncet, L. And Tremblay, R. Influence Of Mass Irregularity On The Seismic Design And Performance Of Multi-Storey Braced Steel Frames 13th World Conference On Earthquake Engineering Vancouver, B.C., Canada August 1-6, 2004 Paper No. 2896
20. S.Varadharajan, V.K. Sehgal, and B.SainiReview of different Structural irregularities in buildings Journal of Structural Engineering Vol. 39, No. 5, December 2012 - January 2013 pp. 393-418
21. PathanIrfan Khan, .N.R.Dhamge seismic analysis of multistoried rcc building due to mass irregularity2016 IJEDR | Volume 4, Issue 3 | ISSN: 2321-9939
22. UmeshSalunkhe, J.S. KANASE Seismic Demand of Framed Structure with Mass Irregularity International Journal of Science, Engineering and Technology Research (IJSETR) Volume 6, Issue 1, January 2017
23. Oman Sayyed, Suresh Singh Kushwah, ArunaRawat Effect of Infill and Mass Irregularity on RC Building under Seismic Loading International Research Journal of Engineering and Technology (IRJET) e-ISSN: 2395 -0056 Volume: 04 Issue: 02 Feb -2017.